Dental emergencies do not happen on your schedule. You should always have a dental office you can depend on, whether you need urgent care on the weekends, at night, or during business hours. Doctors Network makes finding an emergency dentist in New York quick and easy. We are here to help you with any oral health problem you’re experiencing, no matter when it’s happening.
Types of Dental Emergencies
If you experience any of these oral health issues, you can either contact one of our emergency dentists or find New York dentists near you taking new patients on Doctors Network if you need to be seen immediately:
- Dislodged tooth Knocked-out tooth Severe tooth pain
- Trauma to the mouth or jaw Broken tooth Sudden tooth or mouth discomfort
- Chipped or cracked tooth Lost filling or crown Severely lacerated gums, lips, or tongue Damaged veneer
How Do You Know You Have a Real Dental Emergency?
You do not have to experience an issue that neatly fits in the categories above to have an emergency visit. Though the literal definition of a serious dental emergency is a situation that threatens the living tissues in your mouth, your New York emergency dentist takes every concern seriously. Every condition is unique. Here are things to consider:
- Blood does not always indicate disaster. The mouth contains hundreds of blood vessels in your gums, tongue, cheek, and lips. A very small injury to the mouth can produce an alarming amount of bleeding, but that does not necessarily mean disaster.
- Don’t suffer the pain. If tooth pain is serious, it will not disappear. The toothache will continue and the problem will not resolve automatically. Don’t try to muscle through the discomfort or wait for your next dental visit to be checked. The longer you wait, the more likely you are to need lengthier, more invasive treatments.
- Cosmetic problems can usually wait. An issue with your cosmetic dentist, like a chipped veneer, is distressing but it isn’t always an issue that requires a same-day dental visit. You might be a little self-conscious until you get to see the dentist, but knowing your problem can wait will help mitigate your concern.
- Don’t hesitate to ask Doctors Network. If you have a problem with your dental health, ask your dentist. You will get peace of mind about your condition and lower your anxiety level. The degree of urgency may not be as you think and, even if it is, you will schedule a visit to be seen immediately.
Contact Doctors Network for Emergency Dental Repairs
Some of the most common emergency dental repairs include wisdom teeth removals, teeth extraction, root canal therapy, and white tooth fillings. The solution depends of course on the diagnosis, and even though you’re experiencing pain, in some situations it isn’t easy to tell what the cause of the pain is until you’re in the dental chair. A painful tooth could be caused by dental caries, abscess, a tooth root infection, or even gum disease. If you wish to save your teeth and maintain your dental and oral health, it’s necessary to have every oral health problem addressed as soon as possible.
Whether you need to contact dentists who offer emergency services or schedule appointments with dentists for dental checkups to discuss your dental emergency, please visit Doctors Network today to learn how to find weekend dentists in New York.